What they are saying about Desert Streams Youth.
· To Accept all people with a Christ-like love
· To provide opportunities to experience Christ in everyday life.
· To serve the community with Christ-centered mentored relationships.
· We seek to live as a unique community of faith in which everyone feels welcome and accepted. Opportunities are provided for all to ask questions, seek guidance, receive support and express honest feelings in a confidential environment.
· We endeavor to become aware of the needs of all who interact with our youth ministry and to demonstrate compassion, concern and care because Christ first loved us.
· We are committed to a spiritually grounded youth ministry that seeks to be more like Christ and demonstrates the fruits of the Spirit. This ministry is developed based on the foundation of a common faith in God’s grace through Jesus Christ.
· We affirm that all believers are specifically gifted by the Holy Spirit and are called to serve within the body of Christ. We acknowledge that Jesus’ call to love God and our neighbors can be costly and involves giving of our time, our talents and ourselves.
· We strive to communicate consistently with a contagious excitement about our faith that will draw youth and families, both members and nonmembers to become a part of both our youth ministry and our church family. We will do our best to always communicate our faith clearly, effectively and confidently with others.
Youth 2012-13 Calendar See more activities on our Events calendar tab